Recent articles.

All articles...

Quick Links.

GP? Optician? A&E? Visit the Eye Care Wales website for advice on where to seek help with eye problems.

WCB's twitter feed
WCB twitter feed

WCB Privacy notice


street scene

Carmarthenshire: Coronavirus local support


Carmarthenshire Council is providing additional support to help and advise Carmarthenshire residents throughout the on-going Coronavirus crisis. Council officers are providing guidance and signposting to assistance available for the elderly, vulnerable and isolated.

You can connect to this new service by calling:

Carmarthenshire Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)

Care & Repair - 01554 744300

Carmarthenshire Blind Society.

All branches of the Carmarthenshire Blind Society have suspended all meetings until further notice. However, they will be making regular contact with members by telephone.

Royal Society for Blind Children.

RSBC is currently unable to offer home visits but can arrange targeted direct support to children and young people, aged 0-25, who are visually impaired. They can also work with parents, carers and other professionals.

Tel: Ellie on 07990 530557


During COVId-19 people who need acute eye care or advice in Hywel Dda area can phone 01267 248793 to be directed to their nearest open optometric practitioner.


If you have any questions about the support you receive from social care such as from your Rehabilitation Officer for Visually Impaired (ROVI), contact your local authority directly:

Carmarthenshire 0300 333 2222.